Broadcasting Magazine/August 1948 – INITIAL commercial television application for Tacoma, Wash., was filed Aug. 5 by Television Tacoma Inc. Facilities requested are Channel 4 (66 -72 mc) with 12 kw visual and 6 kw aural. Principals in the application were shown as KTBI Tacoma and The Tacoma Times. Officers and directors of Television Tacoma, as listed by the newspaper, are H. J. Quilliam, president; E. W. Scripps and George Skaugset, vice presidents; Harold S. Woodworth, treasurer; J. G. Scripps, secretary, and A. E. Blair, assistant secretary. Mr. Quilliam is also president of KTBI and heads the Washington Assn. of Broadcasters. E. W. Scripps is chairman of the board of The Tacoma Times Pub. Co. and J. G. Scripps is a member of the board. Both are officials of KVNI Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho, and KNEW Spokane. Scripps interests, the Times points out, pioneered the television field in Cleveland with the construction of WEWS there. The interests of other officials in Television Tacoma, as shown by the Times, are: Mr. Woodworth, contractor; Mr. Blair, corporation lawyer, and Mr. Skaugset, business manager of the Times.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?